Back to School :)
Yes, I am happy that school is starting again. Don't get me wrong, I had an AMAZING summer! We spent lots of quality time as a family travelling, camping, eating hot dogs at baseball games and just relaxing around the house. I even helped the Fremont Art Association put together their 50th Annual Art Show, which opens on September 22. But, I'm ready to get back to a more normal routine. I tried to create a studio schedule for the summer but, it was constantly disrupted with fun activities! It's time to get back to work, especially because I have several goals I'd like to accomplish before the end of the year.
1. Create at least 5 more landscape pieces for my showcase at the Fremont Art Association in October.
2. Further develop this series of abstracts that I am really excited about and then see if I can get them accepted to a couple shows.
3. Continue my interview series and work on finding more artists to feature.
4. Participate in the Olive Hyde Art Gallery Holiday Show
5. Build frames for my paintings! (This is going to be a huge learning curve but, I think it's going to be a super beneficial for me in the long run.)
Even though it's still August and there's still several months before the end of the year, I know that it can go quickly so, I'm anxious to get into the studio on a regular basis. Here's to September!